Joining is simple!
Opening an Account?
Call into any of our offices during opening hours to complete membership application. To be eligible for membership with Swilly Mulroy Credit Union you must be living within the common bond area of Fanad, Kerrykeel, Milford and Rathmullan.
In additon to the completed membership, under law, you must also supply us with proof of identity with a photograph, and verification of address.
- Photo ID - Current Valid Passport, Current Valid Drivers License, ML10 Identification from the Garda
- Proof of Address dated within the last 6 months - Original Utility Bill, Document from government department, Original Bank Or Building society statement
Please note: A Membership fee of €1.27 and a minimum opening balance of €6.35 are required to open an account. Member will also be asked to complete a Nomination Form once the account is opened.
Please note for children’s accounts, we require the following:
- An account may be opened by the child or their parent/legal guardian only.
- We require a birth certificate
- We require verification of the parent/Guardian’s address and photographic ID.
- Under 16’s are not required to complete a Form of Nomination.
Benefits of Memberships
- It is your Credit Union - you can have a say in its operations by voting at the AGM which is usually held in December.
- Our Quality of Service is second to none. Our trained friendly staff will assist you with all financial queries and transactions.
- You can now make payments by standing order to your credit union account. All you will need to bring is your IBAN and BIC and we will sort out the paperwork for you.
- FREE insurances on your savings and loans. There are a few T&C’s e.g. you must become a member before the age of 70 and loans are insured up to the age of 84. All the rest (of which there are only a few) will be explained to you when you join or when you take out a loan.
- No penalties for clearing a loan earlier than anticipated. We value the fact that circumstances can change for the better and won’t charge extra because you are a good member.
- Easy access to your savings. You can withdraw your savings as long as they are not pledged as security on a loan.
Therefore, the savings are secured and used to help family, friends and neighbours while greatly helping the local economy. Some of the primary services offered by Swilly Mulroy Credit Union include:
Whether you’re saving for something in the future or just for a rainy day, regular saving is a good idea. Regular saving with Swilly Mulory credit union is an even better idea.
Swilly Mulroy Credit union offers all eligible members insurance services. Some of these insurance services are paid for directly by the credit union.
We understand the positive effect a loan can have on your life, giving you the chance to get things when you needs or want them, so we always look at your whole story. Swilly Mulroy Credit Union only proposes loans with realistic term, which you can pay back in a way that works best for you. Swilly Mulroy Credit Union doesn’t charge for administration fees or transaction charges and you can pay back your personal loan early without penalty, if that becomes an option.